Hello friends, Let’s get information about the Top 10 Blogging Platforms For Blogging in 2021.
What do you think about writing a blog?
Let’s compare the top 10 blogging platforms before starting a blog.
WordPress is open source software you can use to make a website, blog, or application.
WordPress is a powerful Content Management System(CMS). No coding or technical skills are needed at all.
There are lots of pluggings available to make your site more powerful and user-friendly.
- Customizable designs
- SEO friendly
- Responsive mobile sites
- High performance
- High security
- Powerful media management
- Easy and accessible
- Perfect for bloggers and business
- Multisite capability
- Ecommerce supported
- Spam and security protection are your responsibly
- WordPress does not come with drag and drop functionality
Blogger is hosted by Google. Originally, It was developed by Pyra Labs, which was bought by Google in 2003.
Blogger also provides dynamic mobile views and blogging compatibility with mobile devices and smartphones.
- Adding location to post via geotagging
- Supported in all latest browsers
- Placeholder images for tags
- Easy to start blog
- No need to see for security
- Number of blogs – 100 blogs per account
- Number of labels – 5000 per account
- Team Member – 100 invitations per blog
Tumblr is an online blogging platform. To start blogging on Tumblr, you must first set up an account.
Next, you must select at least 5 interests/topics to create your feed (dashboard).
To change your page theme then you have to look at different themes.
- Private message sending
- Schedule to delay posts
- Allow users to edit blog’s theme in HTML view
- Community engagement
- Topic specific
- Repurposing of content
- Time consuming
- Young audience
Medium is a blogging platform. You can write, read and share articles on Medium.
It’s simple, clean, and easy to use for your story.
Medium gets around 180 million monthly visitors.
- Embed content using URL
- Link image to look better
- Share on social media
- Huge readership
- Simple, clean and easy to use
- No need to worry about SEO
- Medium’s traffic is not your traffic
- Lot of competition
Wix allows you to create a beautiful website. Non-technical skills person can easily create a website.
Design and build high-quality websites.
Wix ADI can make a website for you.
- Intuitive website builder
- Customizable designs
- Optimized mobile view
- Drag & drop website editor
- Cheap pain plan
- Easy to setup
- Highly customizable
- Build a eCommerce with blog
- Below average speed
- Can’t change theme
- Average SEO capabilities
Using Weebly build a professional website that grows with your business.
Weebly allows you to create a free website. Weebly is also part of Square.
- Drag and drop website builder
- Easy publishing
- Free Sub-domain
- Free hosting
- Unlimited storage limit
- Cheapest paid plan
- Free export
- Free HTML and CSS customization
- Isn’t great for blogger
- Less active community
Squarespace allows users to create pre-built website templates. Users can use it when creating or updating a website.
Also, Squarespace has a lot of features. It is not good for blogging.
- Customizable page and content layouts
- Multiple contributors and access levels
- Built-in mobile websites
- Best design templates
- Build beautiful blog
- Active forum
- Mobile responsive
- No free plan
- More expensive
- Can’t fully export your website
- Limited integration and plugins
Ghost is an open-source and publishing platform.
It’s built on Node.js technology and it is an exceptionally fast platform to build websites.
- Reliably secure
- Modern technology
- Native REST API
- Comprehensive SDK
- Works with any front-end or static site framework
- Built-in SEO
- Free SSL certificate
- Various third-party services
- Limited number of themes
- Ghost (pro) expensive for beginners
- Not provide free hosting
Jekyll is used for making websites and blogs. There is no more database needed to make a website.
GitHub pages power by Jekyll. So you can easily deploy your site to GitHub.
- Renders markdown or textile and liquid templates
- Static website can served by Apache server and Nginx or another web server
- Can be used in frontend frameworks. Read also, Top 10 Front End Technologies For Web Development in 2020
- No need worry about setting up and maintaining databases and CMS
- No regular update needed
- Self hosted or use free GitHub servers
- Version control via GIT is possible
- Long compilation time
- Small community
- No image editing platform
Joomla is Content Management System(CMS). Joomla offers you to build websites and powerful applications as well.
Its a free and open-source CMS for publishing websites.
- Easy to customize and flexible to use
- Free for open-source
- Build powerful PHP websites
- No fee to pay for downloading, using and modify code
- Huge community
- Suitable for rich content and eCommerce website
- Large number of online tutorials
- Learning curve is difficult as compared with WordPress CMS
- Many compatibilities issue with add-on pluggings
Finally, you will get an idea of which platform is best for blogging after reading the top 10 blogging platforms in 2021.